St James’ Anglican School offers students multiple pathways for their education. To achieve this, we have a dedicated Satori (Enrichment) department who are seeking to appoint 2, 0.5 FTE education assistants to share 1:1 support responsibility in Term 1, 2024.
In addition to providing 1:1 assistance, the flexibility to support the teaching, learning and differentiation of students across both the Junior and Senior School is also required.
Previous experience supporting students with additional learning and/or medical needs and a Cert IV is highly desirable; however, experienced Cert III Education Assistants are welcome to apply, if they hold relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Know and connect with key students, and Satori students in a manner according to their identified needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Satori team, classroom teachers and external agencies, as required.
- Assist students in participating in practical lessons.
- Support students in transporting between lessons.
- Adaptable to the needs of students
- Open to learning new skills
- Genuine rapport with young people
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Certificate III or IV in Education Support (essential)
- Experience supporting students with medical conditions (desirable)
- Experience or desire to work with students across Junior & Senior School
- Working with Children Check
- Work collaboratively within a supportive and passionate school.
- Provide classroom level support to enable high quality, student centred learning.
- Work with individual students or groups of students as required under the supervision and direction of the class teacher.
- Promote student confidence, resilience, and independence at all times.
- Support staff in the preparation of resources to enhance learning activities.
- Promote student inclusivity.
- Have excellent communication skills with both staff and students.
- Be able to support the Christian ethos of the School.
St James’ Anglican School is an equal opportunity employer and a Child Safe School.
Applicants MUST complete the Application Form found on our website www.stjames.wa.edu.au, and ensure the following information is noted in their resume and/or covering letter:
- Full name and nationality.
- Date and place of birth (optional).
- Address and contact details.
- Any relevant personal details.
- Current position and areas of responsibility.
- Details of previous appointments and career achievements with particular reference to the position being advertised.
- The names and addresses of three professional referees who may be approached in confidence about the applicant.
- A current Working With Children Check and Police Clearance with a 100-point identity check will be required if a position is offered.
The applicant needs to provide:
1. Covering letter and resume.
2. Copies of relevant qualifications.
3. A completed Employment Application Form (Found on our website www.stjames.wa.edu.au)
Please send through applications to [email protected]
Applications for this position close on